Olga Jančić, SRB
(Bitolj, North Macedonia, 1929 – Belgrade, Serbia, 2012)
Olga Jančić was born in Bitola (Northern Macedonia) in 1929. In 1950, she graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Belgrade, in the class of professors Lojze Dolinar and Tomo Rosandić. She completed her specialisation in Tomo Rosandić’s Master Workshop in 1954.
From 1948 onward, she actively exhibited and presented her works in many solo and group exhibitions in the country and abroad. She was one of the founders of the group “Prostor 8” (Space 8) (1957).
Her sculptures were mostly made of stone and bronze, and her works have contributed to modernity in visual arts. In 1993, she donated ninety sculptures to the City of Belgrade, which are still kept in Belgrade’s ”Kuća legata” (Heritage House). She died in Belgrade in 2012.
She participated in the Mediterranean Sculpture Symposium in 1977.
Title: The Labin Set
Dimensions: h.w.l. 125 x 112 x 80 cm
Base: 70 x 50 x 60 cm
Location: Park of sculptures Dubrova